Fishing is about more than sitting on a boat in the middle of a lake for hours on end! Sport fishing in Hawaii is gaining popularity amongst fishers who are looking for a unique adventure on the sea that they can’t find at home. If you’re looking to take fishing to a whole new level, consider catching these five fish on one of our charters!
1) Blue marlin. Blue marlin are one of the most common fish caught on charter boats and can be easily baited. They’re especially plentiful for fishing in Hawaii, so if you’ve ever wanted to catch one of these big blues, charter fishing is a great way to go!
2) Ahi Tuna. Massive schools of Ahi tuna have been spotted moving through the Pacific area! One of the best ways to snag one of these massive fish is on a charter as the larger varieties prefer to stay away from the shore.
3) Skipjack Tuna. Another common sport fish, schools of skipjack tuna have been known to move throughout deep-sea areas, making charter fishing the ideal way to catch them.
4) Mahi Mahi. A year-round fish, the Mahi Mahi is an excellent choice for fishers who are looking for something big! Preferring to hang out in waters upwards in temperature of 80 degrees, this tropical fish can weigh upwards of forty pounds on average! These fish are colorful, and easily identified thanks to their distinctive bump on the top of the head.
5) Wahoo. A perfect prize fish, this massive species prefers to spend its time in the tropical waters of Hawaii, peaking in number around July and August. Wahoo are characterized by their long and slim bodies, and tube-like mouth and face. Their flesh is valuable and prized among fishers, and they’re easily caught on charter boats.
If you wish to catch one of these fish, we encourage you to schedule a charter with Flyer Sportfishing today!